General Media Enquiries: (02) 9385 2864, fax (02) 9385 1683
After Hours: Denise Knight 0405 207 685
Media Admin: (02) 9385 3192, firstname.lastname@example.org
Media Office Services
Staffed by a team of experienced journalists, the UNSW Media Office focuses on promoting newsworthy research and other achievements of the University through external media, the UNSW Newsroom and key corporate publications. The Office is also responsible for internal communications, publishing a fortnightly staff e-newsletter,news @ unsw
External Media Liaison
- Promoting research and other key activities of the University through domestic and international media.
- Responding to media queries, including requests for expert comment.
- Assisting academics with media releases, media placement and opinion pieces
- Providing media advice and training to senior executives, Deans, heads of school and individual academics.
- The media experts database of close to 2000 academics, who can provide expert comment on a range of issues.
- Publications produced by the Office include Research @ UNSW, At a Glance, the UNSW Annual Report and the University’s flagship magazine, Uniken.
- The Office is responsible for the UNSW Newsroom as well as news content on the UNSW homepage.
- The University's Central Web Unit provides advice and assistance to the UNSW community on web development and maintains web policy, standards and guidelines for the University.
The Office produces News @ UNSW, a fortnightly e-newsletter for staff containing news on the latest developments affecting UNSW, and also assists with other internal communications.