UNSW is hosting a major conference to drive innovation in the design, planning and management of more energy-efficient, sustainable and resilient cities this week, 17–18 November.
Part of the globally significant Sustainable Built Environment (SBE) Conference 2016 Series, SBE16 brings together research and industry innovations and provides a platform for international exposure.
Lucy Turnbull, Chief of the Greater Sydney Commission and Adjunct Professor at UNSW’s Faculty of Built Environment, will give the opening address at the conference, which aims to reduce the environmental impact of buildings, improve public health and create more resilient cities by considering the interdependencies of building design and urban planning.
Eminent researchers and industry professionals will discuss topics including: bioclimatic architecture; computational design; remote sensing and geographic information systems (GIS); adaptive architecture and disaster resilience; micro-climate performance and outdoor thermal comfort; green infrastructure and ecosystem services; and materials recycling, reuse and manufacturing for built environments.
The conference is organised by UNSW Built Environment and the Cooperative Research Centre (CRC) for Low Carbon Living based at UNSW.
- Professor Helen Lochhead – Dean of UNSW Built Environment and former deputy NSW Government Architect
- Professor Matheos Santamouris – Professor of Energy Physics at the University of Athens and Inaugural Anita Lawrence Chair in High Performance Architecture at UNSW Built Environment
- Scientia Professor Deo Prasad – CEO of the CRC for Low Carbon Living and Fellow of the Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering
- Mr Nils Larsson – Executive Director of the International Initiative for a Sustainable Built Environment
- Professor Dennis Else – Executive Director, Sustainability, Safety & Health, Brookfield Multiplex, and Board member of the CRC for Low Carbon Living
- Professor Peter Newton – Research Professor at Swinburne University of Technology in Melbourne, Research Leader in the CRC for Low Carbon Living and Fellow of the Australian Academy of Social Sciences
- Mr Man-kit Leung – Director of Hong Kong Green Building Council and Chairman of Policy and Research Committee, Hong Kong Green Building Council
View the conference program here
What: SBE16 Sydney
When: 17–18 November 2016
Where: Australian National Maritime Museum, Darling Harbour, Sydney