For general media enquiries please call (02) 9385 2864. The Media team is currently working remotely. Please leave a voicemail message and we’ll return your call as soon as possible.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. This email is monitored during business hours.
For after hours enquiries please call: Yolande Hutchinson +61 420 845 023.
Health and Science
- Epidemiologist and Advisor to World Health Organization Infection Control and Prevention Guidance Development Group for COVID-19, Professor Mary-Louise McLaws, UNSW Medicine
- Biosecurity expert Professor Raina MacIntyre, Kirby Institute at UNSW Medicine
- Professor Anthony Kelleher, Director of the Kirby Institute at UNSW Medicine, leads the Institute's development of COVID-19 immunotherapies. The Kirby Institute is conducting various COVID-19 research projects, including cohort studies, clinical trials, treatment studies, modelling, surveillance and intervention studies.
- Epidemiologist Professor John Kaldor, Public Health Interventions Research Group Head, Kirby Institute at UNSW Medicine
- Professor Greg Dore, Viral Hepatitis Clinical Research Program Head, Kirby Institute at UNSW Medicine, can discuss COVID-19 testing and types of tests.
- Virologist Professor Bill Rawlinson, UNSW Medicine
- Virologist Dr Sacha Stelzer-Braid, UNSW Medicine (unavailable Friday)
- Virologist Professor Peter White, UNSW Science
- Virologist Emma Harding, UNSW Science
- Molecular biologist Professor John Mattick, UNSW Science, can discuss genomic testing.
- Associate Professor and Social Scientist Dr Holly Seale, UNSW Medicine, can discuss social/behavioural responses (such as social distancing, face masks, vaccinations, infection control) and strategies to promote acceptance/engagement.
- Epidemiologist Dr Abrar Chughtai, UNSW Medicine, can discuss prevention and control of COVID-19 through the use of masks and respirators.
- Professor Richard Buckland, UNSW Engineering, can discuss cybersecurity, the Australian Government's contact tracing app and staying digitally connected.
- Professor Sanjay Jha, UNSW Engineering, can discuss security and privacy issues with the Australian Government’s contact tracing app.
- JW Nevile Fellow Tim Harcourt from the School of Economics is available to discuss the economic impact of COVID-19.
- Associate Professor Nitika Garg from the School of Marketing is available to discuss panic buying.
- Dr Yenni Tim from the School of Information Systems and Technology Management is available to discuss the impact of COVID-19 on cyber security.
- Founding Director of UNSW Tax Clinic Dr Ann Kayis-Kumar is available to comment on tax issues faced by people and small businesses in financial distress.
- Taxation and Business Law Professor Pamela Hanrahan can comment on the Australian Government’s business relief package, corporate law and capital markets law changes, and the impact on superannuation.
- Economics Professor Richard Holden can comment on the impact on the global economy.
- Banking and Finance Associate Professor James Doran can comment on the impact on finance, the share market and investors.
Centre for Social Impact
For media enquiries contact Nicola Hannigan on 0407 075 307 or email@example.com.
- Dr Cobi Calyx can comment on disaster response and recovery, science communication and health promotion.
- Associate Professor Gemma Carey can comment on disability and the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
- Chris Hartley can comment on housing, homelessness and social housing policy.
- Professor Kristy Muir can comment on disadvantage, poverty, social cohesion, homelessness and housing, government policy, wage subsidies, Universal Basic Income (UBI) and leadership.
- Dr Megan Weier can comment on measuring social progress, wellbeing and access to pharmaceuticals.
- Law Professor Melissa Crouch can discuss the impact of COVID-19 on democracies in Southeast Asia (use of emergency powers, role of military, infringements of human rights, curfews, lockdowns), in Indonesia (in view of second wave coming) and Myanmar.
- Law Professor Graham Greenleaf can discuss the relevance of data privacy laws in relation to the COVIDSafe app as well as privacy concerns around video-conferencing platform, Zoom.
- Professor Jane McAdam, Director of the Kaldor Centre for International Refugee Law, can discuss the impact on refugees, asylum seekers and other displaced people.
- Human rights expert Scientia Professor Louise Chappell can talk about human rights under COVID-19. Contact Gabrielle Dunlevy on 0423 972 801.
Arts and Social Sciences
- Professor Deborah Lupton from UNSW's Centre for Social Research in Health and Social Policy Research Centre can discuss people's use of digital health and their views on health data privacy.
- Political science and international relations Professor Fengshi Wu from UNSW Arts & Social Sciences can discuss societal responses in relation to China in the COVID-19 era.
- Global Health and Development Professor Anthony Zwi can comment on global health and policy responses.
- Social policy and governance expert Associate Professor Bingqin Li can discuss social distancing and lockdowns.
- Experimental Arts Professor Jill Bennett is available to comment on creative, trauma-informed responses to distress and older peoples’ experiences.
- Social researcher Dr Siobhan O’Sullivan can discuss animal cruelty in Asian wet markets and the move to ban trade in wild animal meat.
- Rental housing and housing affordability expert Dr Chris Martin from UNSW City Futures Research Centre can discuss tenancy law and renters’ rights.