Some of the Asia-Pacific’s leading innovators and entrepreneurs will gather in San Francisco in June for UNSW’s inaugural Alumni Entrepreneurs and Innovation Summit. The summit builds on the launch of the UNSW Innovation Statement, the opening of the Michael Crouch Innovation Centre and UNSW Innovations’ continuing cultivation of an innovation ecosystem at UNSW.
The meeting will feature talks from prominent UNSW alumni and researchers who are leaders in their respective fields of finance, IT, health and social innovations.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Robyn Denholm (MCom’99) Vice-President Juniper Networks ‘In Conversation’ with Scott Farquhar (BSc’03) co-Founder and co-CEO Atlassian on ‘Taking Australian start-ups and innovations to the world’.
- UNSW Scientia Professor and Laureate Fellow Michelle Simmons, Director of the Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence for Quantum Computation and Communication Technology (CQC2T), will give her key note address 'From Silicon Valley to Quantum Harbour' which will cover the future of computing. Her team at UNSW is demonstrating atom by atom the best way to build a quantum computer – a new type of computer that exploits the laws of physics at very small dimensions to provide a predicted exponential speed up in computational processing power.
- An expert panel of alumni including Fong Fui Wong (BE’69) Chairman and Group CEO Boustead Singapore Ltd; Jimmy Koh (BE’64) Managing Director Antara Koh Pte Ltd; Peter Harrison (BCom’68); and Karl Chong (BCom LLB’05) co-founder and former Group CEO Groupon Singapore, will discuss the do’s and don’ts of ‘Doing business in Asia’.
- Peter Farrell (DSc’81) Founder and Chairman ResMed and Michael Farrell (BE’94) CEO ResMed will focus on ‘Health and Innovation and the ResMed Story’.
- Daniel Petre (BSc’81) Partner Airtree Venture will be joined by panellists Tristen Langley (BSc’99) Amalfi Capital and Dean Kelly (BCom LLB’04) Founder and CEO HeyLets to discuss ‘Turning back of envelope sketches into technology that will change the world’.
A key feature of the summit is the opportunity for attendees to join discussion circles of interest on health, finance, social and IT innovation that will be led by the panellists and a small group of UNSW academics. The circles of interest present a great opportunity to network and discuss new ideas with seasoned professionals.
- What: UNSW Alumni Entrepreneurs and Innovation Summit
- When: June 23-24
- Where: 23 June, 5pm–8pm: The Bespoke space at Westfield San Francisco Centre 845 Market St, San Francisco. 24 June, 7.30am onwards: The Grand Hyatt Hotel 345 Stockton St, San Francisco.
Registrations are essential please contact the alumni office with any questions on 9385 3279 or email email@example.com.