Is your right to free speech spelt out in the Australian Constitution? Hear leading experts debate the issues in a free public forum at UNSW on Monday, 7 July.
- Professor George Williams, UNSW Law's Gilbert + Tobin Centre of Public Law;
- Tim Wilson, Australian Human Rights Commissioner
- Ming Yu, Amnesty International human rights campaigner
- Alec Coles, CEO Western Australian Museum
- Kirstie Parker, Co-Chair of the National Congress of Australia’s First Peoples.
The forum is presented by the National Archives of Australia in partnership with UNSW's Gilbert + Tobin Centre of Public Law to mark Constitution Day 2014. It will be moderated by Paul Barclay, presenter and series producer of ABC Radio National’s Big Ideas.
What: Say what you like: a constitutional right? - Free Public Forum
Where: Law Theatre G04, Ground Floor, Law Building, UNSW Kensington campus
When: 6 for 6.15pm, Monday 7 July
This is a free event. Bookings essential.
Media contact: Steve Offner, UNSW Media, 02 9385 1583