Find out how your career vision can become reality, and get a feel for campus life, at UNSW Open Day on Saturday 5 September.
Want to be an engineer? Check out the world champion soccer playing robots and the Sunswift solar car. Potential pilot? Test your skills in the flight simulator. Future architect or town planner? Visit the Luminocity exhibition. Budding entrepreneur? Head to the new Michael Crouch Innovation Centre.
There are heaps of activities, lectures and events on offer from our eight faculties. Discover your perfect degree, meet lecturers and student ambassadors, and have your questions answered.
“When you arrive, grab an Open Day program, or download the UNSW Map app – either have all of the information you’ll need to have a successful, informative and fun day,” says Jonathon Strauss, acting manager of the UNSW Future Students office.
“The Scientia Advisory Centre is where you can get all your degree related questions answered by our lecturers and staff, and also find information on scholarship opportunities and exchange destinations,” he says.
Visitors can take a tour of UNSW’s state-of-the-art facilities and accommodation options and explore the great cafes, shops and libraries on campus.
There will be free buses from Central Station (Eddy Avenue, Stand D) to the Kensington Campus on Open Day, as well as a free shuttle from the Kensington Campus to the Art & Design Campus in Paddington.
In order to get the most out of your Open Day experience, check out the Future Students’ Tumblr on ‘5 Ways To Make The Most Of University Open Days’.
The UNSW Open Day page has more information about what’s on and tips for planning your day.
We’ve listed our top 10 highlights below:
- Visit the UNSW Built Environment Luminocity exhibition
- Watch our world champion robots play soccer
- Try out UNSW Aviation’s flight simulator
- Design and craft a ring at UNSW Art & Design’s jewellery workshop
- Look out for the ADFA Precision Drill Team
- Be inspired at the Arts & Social Sciences’ inaugural ‘Thinking Festival’
- Play judge in UNSW Law’s state of the art Moot Court
- Visit the Museum of Human Disease
- See the Sunswift eVe world record breaking solar car
- Come and watch UNSW's top-ranked Quidditch team
What: UNSW Open Day 2015
When: Saturday, 5 September, 9am-4pm
Where: UNSW Kensington and Paddington campus
More information: Future Students Office, 02 9385 1844