Staffed by a team of experienced journalists, the UNSW Media Office focuses on promoting newsworthy research and other achievements of the University, through external media, UNSWTV, the UNSW website and key corporate publications. The Office is also responsible for internal communications.
External Media Liaison
- Promoting research and other key activities of the University through domestic and international media.
- Responding to media queries, including requests for expert comment.
- Assisting academics with media releases, media placement and opinion pieces
- Providing media advice and training to senior executives, Deans, heads of school and individual academics.
- The media experts database of close to 2000 academics, who can provide expert comment on a range of issues.
- UNSWTV is the new digital media management system for the University. It allows staff and students to upload, publish and manage content, including videos, audio and PDFs.
- The UNSWTV team is responsible for video production of news and research stories across the University. These are showcased on UNSWTV and UNSW's YouTube channel, and regularly featured on news sites around Australia and overseas.
- Publications produced by the Office include Research@UNSW, the UNSW Annual Report and the University’s flagship publication, Uniken.
- The Office is responsible for news content on the corporate website
- The University's Central Web Unit provides advice and assistance to the UNSW community on web development and maintains web policy, standards and guidelines for the university.
- The Office produces News@UNSW, a fortnightly e-bulletin for staff containing news on the latest developments affecting UNSW, and also assists with other internal communications.
General Media Enquiries: (02) 9385 2864, fax (02) 9385 1683
After Hours: Denise Knight 0405 207 685
Media Admin: (02) 9385 3192, media[at]unsw.edu[dot]au
(02) 9385 3249 | 0405 207 685
Acting Director, Digital Services
Executive Producer UNSWTV
(02) 9385 2873 | 0438 881 124
Senior Online Producer
(02) 9385 3673
Cameraman & editor
(02) 9385 1671
Central Web Unit
Manager, Web and Innovation
(02) 9385 3263
(02) 9385 2646
(02) 9385 8514
(02) 9385 3688
|Kristen Butcher (currently on maternity leave)|
(02) 9385 1271